As a website building platform and CMS, WordPress boasts an impressive feature set. Here are just a few of the many features of WordPress.
- SEO – Search Engine Optimization (SEO) begins at a technical level and WordPress delivers an exceptional code base for SEO. SEO allows your website’s content to be found via common search engines such as Google or Bing. Check out these free WordPress SEO training videos to learn more.
- Speed – WordPress is a lean website framework that is constantly striving to remove code “bloat” that slows down the loading speed of a website.
- Mobile-friendly – Most WordPress themes are now mobile-friendly or responsive out-of-the-box.
- Media file library – WordPress includes a built-in media library where you can upload and embed media files such as images or videos into your pages or posts. You can even perform basic edits to your images within WordPress.
- Easy-to-use user interface – WordPress is very easy to use with no complicated settings. If you can use a WordPress processor, you can use WordPress. WordPress also has a focus on accessibility.
- Custom menus – WordPress makes it easy to create navigation menus with links to your pages or custom links.
- Built-in blog – Adding a blog to your website is as simple as publishing a post.
- New in WordPress 5.0: The WordPress Block Editor – WordPress 5.0 introduced the new Block Editor, also known as the Gutenberg WordPress Editor.